Young architects networking program
The Hungarian Contemporary Architecture Centre - KÉK is launching the Young Architects Networking Program that supports partnerships between young architects to jointly participate in 3-day reciprocal study tours.
The program aims to identify, exchange and promote emerging architects and practitioners from Hungary and neighbouring countries through developing networks, dialogue and establish the potential for building lasting collaborations, and to assist them to gain better international visibility of their work.
Once your application is granted you will participate in the following phases:
- Online consultation about your proposal and practicalities with KÉK team
- Set the final dates; travel arrangements
- Reciprocal study tours with documentation (format is up to you, short films, photos, insta stories, notes etc.)
- Public event at KÉK during the study tour to Hungary to introduce your and your partner’s work and share the results of your trip with a wider audience (the format is up to you (discussion e.g. roundtable talk, workshop, exhibition etc.)
- Find any architecture studio, informal group or individual architect who inspires you from the eligible countries with whom you will participate in the programme together
- Select a topic and make a plan for a 3-day study tour in Hungary and the selected country with your partner (topics are not restricted and can range from regional architectural heritage to emergent urban challenges, based on your and your partner’s interest)
- Fill in the application form by 15 May 2019
You will need:
- basic information about you and your partner
- CVs from both partners
- topic and plan of your study trips with explanation (relevance, motivation, main questions, approach/methodology, expected results)
- set a timeframe for your travels between May and September 2019.
Applicants are considered who:
- have a graduate degree in architecture or are current graduate students of architecture
- are residents of Hungary and are under 30 years of age
- have (at least) one partner based in the eligible countries that is committed to engaging in reciprocal exchange and equal partnership with the applicant
Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION IS:
15 MAY 2019
- the grant covers travel and accommodation costs during the program
- the amount of the grant is up to 1000 EUR
- the payment of the grant will be made by KÉK in advance, upon agreement. A project and financial report is required upon completion of the journey.
- the grant amounts are not negotiable. Grants are meant as a contribution towards international travel ticket expenses. If your travel expenses exceed the grant allowed, we encourage you to look for additional support.
The KÉK team evaluates applications based on the following criteria:
- completeness of application
- a well-prepared travel itinerary with a clear activity plan
- originality of the partnership, content and/or methodology
- potential for long-term engagement or collaboration with the partner
We will notify the winners through e-mail by the end of May.
Tímea Szőke, firstname.lastname@example.org, +36702540744